Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Magical People Need Magical People


“Surround yourself with people who make you happy. People who make you laugh, who help you when you’re in need. People who genuinely care. They are the ones worth keeping in your life. Everyone else is just passing through.” - Karl Marx


It is very important for the Modern Mystic to choose wisely who they will be associating with on a regular business. Jim Rohn says that you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. One of the exercises we use in the 6 Week Clarity Mentorship is to write down the names of those who are closest to us and really review how our intimate relationships are going. We then write next to their name 1 thing we deeply admire and appreciate about that person and 1 thing that we consider to be their downfall. When we see a common theme, pattern, or the same word written a few times, we have to consider that we have somehow attracted a certain personality trait in order to learn, grow, or be inspired. It's also good to consider the following of the people you spend most of your time with:
  • Do they inspire and encourage you to feel like you have what it takes to reach your goals?
  • Do they support you with their actions? (Do they walk their talk?)
  • Do they make you feel attractive?
  • Do you you feel happy and energized after spending time with them? Or do you feel drained?
In my past, I have chosen to stay in toxic friendships and romantic relationships far past their expiration date. (I lightly blame this on my Libra sun Cancer moon.) What I have seen with this unhealthy pattern is the willingness to let my goals and dreams die for the other persons goals and dreams. The deeper feelings of unworthiness have ruled my decision to pour myself into the other person in order to keep them happy and committed. Each time I have given too much up for the sake of another, I have lost a little bit of my own magic. These relationships dulled my sparkle, and closed me off to my own Divine Guidance. After being burned enough times, I finally decided that magical people need other magical people. What this means is that because I am working on developing my greatest relationship to my Creator, I need to surround myself with other people who have the same intentions. Becoming closer to those who share the same love for spirituality and drive to make a difference has massively changed my experience of relationships. 

So, why do we as powerful mystics, and lightworkers so commonly find ourselves in toxic one sided relationships? I have a couple theories, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on this is in the comments.

1. Magical people have a strong drive to heal and transform. Therefore, we will attract people who need a lot of healing. However, we cannot be the healer and the lover- it just doesn't work. Send them to someone else so that you can enjoy their journey from the sidelines!

2. People who are looking for a free ride will target givers. I know...I know.. we would all like to believe that everyone has good intentions but that's just not the case. There are people out there who fully intend to just take from you. They are not interested in investing in the relationship- they are there for attention, energy, or whatever else you have that they want. The issue with this scenario is that most lightworkers will be able to sense why the person is this way. "They don't believe in themselves," or "they had a hard childhood," or "they have an addiction that I need to help them through." I'm here to tell you that just because you can explain someone's behavior doesn't mean they are exempt from the natural results their behavior creates. While it's hard to let go of someone's potential, it's also good to keep in mind that sometimes their potential can be like a rainbow- you can see it but it is an illusion.

That is why doing a relationship assessment like the one mentioned above is a worthy effort. It's a good idea to look at people as they are right now and really ask yourself, "are they or are they not contributing to the magical successful life I desire to live?" Realize that this doesn't mean you have to radically dismiss everyone like the Queen of Swords on a rampage. A relationship assessment will simply tell you who to invest in, and who to smile at from a distance. Relationships are journeys. They are our greatest teachers- they are here to help us learn and earn our magic. Choose wisely. 

To find out more about the 6 Week Clarity Mentorship visit www.6weekclaritymentorship.com or go hang out on my personal website, www.crystaldoty.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment