Search This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2016

A Corporate Mystic

For anyone on a spiritual path, the words "Mystic" and "Corporate" may not seem to mesh very well. Truthfully, as someone who has practiced a spiritual path for over 20 years (and I say "practice" with much emphasis), going into the corporate world seems about as sensible as selling solar powered flashlights to miners.

It's something I had to do though. Prayers don't necessarily pay bills. Neither do self published books and angel readings. I'm just being transparent here. Until my own personal brand takes off, I'm going to have to ditch the flowers in my hair, pull it up in a bun, and somehow relearn how to interact with the muggle world.

Was this an easy decision to make? Yes. The opportunity basically fell into my lap and I am grateful for it. In fact, I would say that the dynamics of the opportunity were indeed Divine. Was it a hard decision to make? Yes. I'd be lying if I said I haven't cried my way home from the office a few times.  Being a sensitive person, it's hard not to feel everyone's stress on top of my own. I'm not used to the politics. I miss my home office, my mornings with my pets, and I miss the ability to focus 100% on my life's purpose. Now I have a boss and it's weird. He's a super nice guy thank goodness. And I have a really fun team of coworkers who think my knowledge of astrology and angels is really cool. There are some definite perks to this new job besides the really great pay like the fact that I only really have to be in the office 2 days a week. It's an outside sales position and so I'm in charge of my schedule and my entrepreneurial spirit is definitely happy about that.

However today I sit here- only 30 days after being hired- in my own humanness feeling sad. I can't help but to wonder why the things I've worked so hard on over the years haven't taken off. For the first time in my life I'm starting to question if they ever will. Perhaps God is looking out for me by giving me this job. Or perhaps there is more for me to learn about this world that I so passionately want to help. Maybe I'm being called to be out in the corporate trenches to be an example of love and light in obscure places. I'd like to think that maybe all of those reasons are at play. But to be honest I don't know much right now. Hence the mystery of life that we all face, right?

Here's what's in it for you. I've decided that I'm going to give my blog some massive attention throughout my journey. I already have a few really good stories under my belt that I'm excited to share with you. If anything, perhaps my readers will begin to relate to me more as I- like so many of you- struggle with the balance of being a spiritual being in a not so spiritual world. Maybe watching me face the daily challenges with the willingness to stand in my truth will be inspiring. Or maybe watching me fall flat onto my socially awkward face will make you laugh. No matter how this plays out, I invite you to come along with me. I promise to be raw, honest, and continue to be transparent. Allow me to share with you this Corporate Mystics story as it unfolds....


2 comments:

  1. I think you should be very pleased with yourself for doing what had to be done for hour family. You are on the perfect path for YOU and yours right now and that path will reveal so much goodness that you will find true joy like you've never experienced before. Thank you for your transperancy and belief in us as we follow you on your journey. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kimberly. You're right. It is an exciting new venture for sure and I am very proud of myself so far. You know me, the lioness! I'll go out there get what my family deserves. Keeping my head up, shoulders back, a sense of adventure in my mind, and an open heart. I'm doing what Archangel Ariel would do (if you've read her chapter in my book). She's my inspiration right now for sure!

      Delete