Search This Blog

Monday, April 17, 2017

Assertiveness

Today's Monday Meditation is on the word, Assertiveness.

I used to be terrified to stand up for myself, create boundaries, and say "no." I think it's because, like many others, I confused the word assertiveness with aggression. So I let people walk all over me and I ended up getting involved with people and situations that distracted me from my happiness and life's purpose. In fact, looking back I dare say I wasted a lot of time and created a lot more drama just by being afraid to put my foot down and communicate how I really felt. Once I learned the true definition of assertiveness, it was easy to begin living my life the way God wanted me to live- instead of only living for others.

Doreen Virtue wrote a book called, Assertiveness for Earth Angels that seriously saved my life in this area. In it she writes:

"Assertiveness means that you're aware of your feelings and opinions and that you state them to yourself and others in a way that respects other people's rights. An assertive person is kind, peaceful, and gentle yet never apologizes for his or her feelings, because feelings are to be honored and respected. Assertiveness is spiritually Divine, because it's a way of interacting that acknowledges that you are one and equal with others. Therefore, you have as much right to be happy as other people."

Today's meditation is going to help you clear away past fears and judgments around your assertiveness, and help you to trust yourself so that you can speak up! Enjoy.

Watch the Video HERE



Wondering if the 6 Week Clarity Mentorship is for you? Take the quiz on my website, www.clarityistheway.com to find out.
Find out more at www.6weekclaritymentorship.com


Have a beautiful, assertive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment