Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2016

Feeling Old

Today I’m feeling old. I get disappointed because I thought I’d be further ahead in life, married in a beautiful house by the sea and enjoying my grown up years doing grown up things. I don’t feel like a grown up, sometimes I feel like I’m struggling with the same things my son struggles with. But then I have to remember that it is never too late to accomplish what God has placed in my heart. I know that God is a God of completion, and I just know that He wouldn’t let things sit in my heart without fully intending to bring them to pass.

God, help me to stop feeling like a disappointment. Remind me that you are preparing me for my accomplishments and that I have not lived my best years yet- that those are still to come. Remind me that I am never too late- that I am right on time, in Your time and that I have not missed any opportunities that you with your mercy wouldn’t bring to my door again and again and again. You see my disappointments; you know I wish things were different. Please restore my faith in the process of life so that I can relax into your Will and my Destiny. Help me to shake off my discouragements and self judgments so that I can create a fresh new vision of my life- the one you would have me live- the one where I’m the happiest. Console me with the reminder that I can still become everything you created me to be! My dreams are still alive, I still have time, and as long as  You are with me, I know I’ll get to where I am supposed to be!


Ya, sometimes you just gotta pray and get over it. 

1 comment: