Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2016

Remember

I know I’m different, quirky, and quite possibly crazy. I am not average. I am not normal. I was never made to live in the mundane world living a mediocre life. And this whole fitting in thing is like wearing dirty underwear for too long. It doesn’t feel good and I want to take them off and burn them.

But for now I am called to put on the uniform, tame my hair, and buckle my seat belt. For now I am called to sit in traffic with a Starbucks coffee and wonder about world affairs and stocks. For now it is all gray, ice, concrete, and mountains of paperwork and busywork.

That is until I remember.

I remember that I’m special. I’m extraordinary. I have been custom built for this shit. I remember whose masterpiece I am, who places me on royal pedestals and tells me to keep my pretty head held high because He is my Father and I am just like Him.


I remember who I am in love with, and who loves me and color is brought back into my world. This is mysticism. This is spirituality at its peak. This is God keeping my head straight. 

1 comment: