Search This Blog

Monday, November 23, 2015

Are You Scared or Just Not Ready?

Are you scared or are you just not ready?  How to know if you are equipped for success.

People tell me their fears. And it’s my job to listen to them. Fear is not something to be judged, it seems very real until we uncover the gift or awareness it hides. It is my job to help people take a look at what hides beneath their fears and when they do, beautiful things emerge.

One thing that has always caught my attention is the fear of taking the next step- in anything. The fear of going forward in a relationship, the fear of opening up your own business, the fear of going for the promotion, the fear of having a baby, the fear of making an investment, buying a house, moving, the fear of starting a new eating plan, the fear of getting a personal trainer, the fear of doing anything new, or the fear of hiring a life coach. The list goes on, but you get the point. There is always the next step. There is always something we want to do- and there is always fear standing at the doorway guarding our precious outcome.

When it comes to taking your next step, very often the fear is because we simply haven’t taken the time to learn what it is we need to be doing. A personal example would be that when I had an idea to write a book I immediately began doing research. I spoke to people who went into self publishing vs a publishing company. I spoke to people in writers groups, editors, etc. I began doing research on the topic of my book, and wrote the outline with facts and ideas. The more I learned about my next step, the less fear I had about taking it.

Fear is normal. But so are love, passion, drive, excitement, and power. In my experience, when your desire is enough, it trumps the need for safety and then you’re able to say, “I feel this fear, but I am doing it anyway!” Normal fear might make you hesitate, but won’t stop you.  If you feel truly stuck, perhaps it’s because you are not ready.  Your fear may be tricking you into thinking that you are confused at what your next step may be. There is no such thing as “I don’t know what to do next.” This is the information age. You can google anything. You have information at your fingertips, and countless people to watch and talk to.

Here are some things to consider as you overcome fear by becoming more informed:
  • How much do you really know about what you want to do?
  • How much studying have you done on what you want to do? 
  • How prepared are you?
  • Do you feel qualified?
  • Do you feel knowledgeable?
  • How bad do you want it?
  • The next steps of your life are really contingent on your relationships.  Who do you surround yourself with?
  • What do you have that is different than anyone else?
  • Find your message and don’t be embarrassed by your story, the people you are here to serve will be attracted to your message.
  • Forget and forgive your past. Who cares if you’ve failed already? The next step is a new step- fresh and ready for your action!


The more you know, the less fear you feel. Ask yourself, “Am I scared or am I just not ready?” If you're just  not ready, then you know where to start! Your next steps are in preparation as you gather your resources, information, and equip yourself with power by getting the information you need.

For more on how to get clear about your next step and how to take massive action towards your dreams and goals, find me at www.clarityistheway.com

Remember, clarity is powerful. You can live a life of grace and ease when you make powerful decisions based on CLARITY!


You can also follow me on your favorite social media platforms @clarityistheway, find me on YouTube for awesome videos and join me on Periscope for live interactions every Monday and Wednesday noon MST. 

No comments:

Post a Comment