Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2018

A Push For Love


Remember my story about when I was just beginning my spiritual journey and a mysterious life-changing book fell off a shelf in a bookstore and hit my foot? That book was The Lightworkers Way by Doreen Virtue. It's been almost 20 years later and I've decided to read it again. Just like before, it couldn't have come at a better time. The book was written in 1997 and with all of the recent and vast political and economical upheaval, it has been a refreshing remembrance of better times to say the least. I started last night by reverently and slowly making my way through the forward that was written by Louise L Hay, another one of the masters who guided me into my life as a mystic. I often describe Louise as my fairy godmother who showed up when I was lost and scared, handed me a pair of crystal slippers, and sent me back into the world as a princess. She helped me clean up my thoughts and through some deep forgiveness until my soul was sparkly and royal. Reading her words last night brought back a remembrance of why I began my spiritual journey in the first place. 

With everything going on in our world today, I guess I needed a little reminder from my fairy godmother that anything is still possible. She spoke about how important it is to monitor our thoughts because they are so powerful that they create the circumstances in our lives. "The way we think about ourselves, about others, and about life contributes enormously to the way we live. What we give out comes back to us, always. Therefore, if we want to live lives of harmony and well-being, then we must have harmonious, loving thoughts constantly in our mental atmosphere. We will never be able to help heal this planet if we criticize and condemn people, places, and events. To be true healers, we must concentrate our mental energy on seeing the positive wherever reality shows us otherwise."

And she was serious about this concept. Until the day she died, Louise was a beautiful example of what unconditional love is and how being in control of your mind ultimately leads you into it. There is so much justification to hate going on right now, from the left to the right and like anyone else I have been somewhat swept up in all of it. But last night, her words were like a hot shower after a long sweaty days work washing away my own unsettled thoughts around our world. Louise goes on to say the following. "Whenever I hear of a gang member, criminal, crooked politician, drug baron, dictator, or anyone who is creating pain in this world, I bless them with Divine Love, for I know that within them is all the good that resides in all of us. They all have the ability to turn this part of themselves in an instant. If I hear of a crisis or disaster, I immediately send love and healing energy to that place. On a daily basis, I visualize the world as harmonious and healed, with plenty of food, shelter, and clothing for all. I see everyone with meaningful work to do and an income that supports them. I visualize harmony in families and between nations. I use my mind to put as much positive energy as I can into the world through our collective consciousness." 

I actually began to cry a little while reading this. My mind began with, "well sure it was easy for her to do this back then before the crisis and division that is currently happening in our country." And then I caught myself. There's always been some sort of crisis. Louise was a huge healing influence for people who contracted AIDS during it's initial epidemic. She lived through wars and political scandals. I have no doubt that if she were still alive today, she would not falter in her efforts towards peace just because things have become "worse." And then my thoughts found me in a question. "Although there are some really powerful teachers out there, Louise is gone along with many others who really pioneered spirituality as it is today. If they are not here to omit those positive and peaceful frequencies into our 'collective consciousness' to keep the scales from tipping into pure negative chaos, who will?" 

Oh my gosh. Is this why I'm pushing the Modern Mystic movement? I wonder, with all of my favorite authors and speakers passing on in their own ways, who will pick up the torch that is being passed on? Historically, this is how it's done- every generation of "Lightworkers" takes the flame and interprets it according to how it needs to be used. I am asking myself if a wave of strong, unrelenting, committed modern mystics will be the ones who take these concepts forward in order to hold down the energy of peace. Will we in fact be the beacons of light when the shit storm of political outrage and revolution hits? 

I am starting to believe that those of us who have been in the healing fields, spirituality, and realms of the mystic have been prepared.We are in a perfect place for it- most of us unattached to any particular religion or political party and if we are, our inner purpose to stand for peace and innate willingness to think outside of the box usually overrides the attachment. And so now it is our time to do the hard work of disciplining our minds. To follow in the footsteps of the masters and commit our lives to Love regardless of the hurricane around us. To stay focused on Peace in a world that is about to explode, this will be our work. I'm ready. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment